Book Exchange Trade Policy effective 12/1/2016
Trade Value given for books will be as follows:
- Mass Market Paperback 25% of publisher’s price
- Trade Size Paperback 25% of publisher’s price
- Hardback Books $2-5 depending on condition and need
Books must be in good condition, odor free (i.e. pets, smoke), we take books based on need and may not always take all of your books.
- All books, unless otherwise marked, are half the publisher’s price, with a $2.50 minimum. Hardback books are priced at a generous discount and the price is marked on the inside front page.
- You can pay up to half of your purchase price with trade credit, however, the remaining balance must be paid in cash (check or credit card) Trade credit does not expire as long as we remain in business, it is valid. There is not a per book fee for any books. Trade credit cannot be used on new books or other new items in the store (i.e. gifts, journals, cards etc)
- If you have questions, ask! There will not be a ”cash” section or ‘trade’ section. We feel this will streamline inventory and allow us to have genres together. New books are still offered at 10% off publisher’s price, we will continue to carry required reading titles for area schools and hope you will continue the forty-one-year tradition, shop local and shop Book Exchange.
- We will continue having author signings, book club, community group functions (mahjong, knitting, writers groups) and carry on our long-standing tradition of supporting local authors.
Jennifer Gillman, owner